© The Birchley Hall Press
75% of blindness worldwide is
avoidable. Help prevent blindness and restore sight with a donation to
Give medical aid to those affected by war, natural disasters and poverty
through Medicin Sans Frontiers:
Standard Conditions of Acceptance
The following conditions apply to the placing of an order for insertion of
advertisements in Medical Technology Business Europe (MTB Europe) electronic or printed
Medical Technology Business Europe (MTB Europe) is a trading name of the
Birchley Hall Press.
- ‘Advertiser’ means a person or company making a booking otherwise than
through or by means of an Advertising Agent or Agency.
- ‘Advertising Agent’ or ‘Agency’ means a person or company carrying on
the business involving the selection and purchase of advertising space
and/or time for persons wishing to advertise.
- ‘Advertising Copy’ means advertising text, content or artwork intended
for reproduction in the MTB Europe publication and/or web site as an
- ‘Contract’ means the agreement between MTB Europe and the Advertiser and/or
Advertising Agent or Agency for the publishing or broadcast of the
advertisements, which is governed by these terms and conditions.
- ‘Advertisement’ means any page or part thereof containing graphics or
text put forward by the Advertiser for publication in MTB Europe and/or
transmission on the web site pursuant to the Contract.
- For the purpose of these terms and conditions, all references to the
Advertiser shall, unless the context otherwise requires, be construed as
references to the Advertising Agent or Agency where the agreement is
entered into by an Advertising Agent or Agency on behalf of a third party.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- By placing an order with MTB Europe
for publishing or broadcast on the
website, the Advertiser is deemed to have accepted these Terms &
- No terms and conditions other than those set forth herein or any
variation thereof shall be
binding upon MTB Europe
or the Advertiser unless it is in writing and signed by
authorised representatives on behalf of MTB Europe
and the Advertiser.
- MTB Europe
do not guarantee the success of any Advertisement or series of
Advertisements which it which publishes or transmits on it’s website and will accept
no liability for the commercial failure of any Advertisement(s).
ACCEPTANCE OF ADVERTISEMENTS
- An advertisement will be transmitted only if it is approved by MTB
complies with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, and any industry
codes or rules (by which MTB Europe and the Advertiser may be bound) that are in
force at the time of publication or transmission.
- Advertisement Copy, together with any instructions pertaining thereto,
must be submitted in advance of the scheduled publication or transmission
for provisional approval by MTB Europe.
- Every care is taken to avoid mistakes but the Publisher cannot accept
liability for any errors due to third parties, subcontractors or
inaccurate copy instructions.
- Cancellation of an advertisement or insertion in a printed publication, other than as described
above, must be notified to MTB Europe in writing at least 21 days prior to the
Copy Date for the relevant issue. Should the Advertiser fail to meet this
condition then he will be required to pay for the space reserved at the
agreed rate, notwithstanding that the advertisement has not been
published, and the space will be used by the Publisher for another
MATERIALS AND PROPERTY LIABILITY
Whilst every reasonable care will be taken in respect of advertising
material or artwork, MTB Europe cannot accept liability for the delay in delivery,
loss or damage thereof, whether on the premises of MTB Europe or in transit and
whether or not such advertising material or artwork is supplied to MTB Europe and
however the said delay in delivery, loss or damage is caused.
- Any credit accounts must be authorized by MTB Europe in writing in advance.
- Other accounts shall be paid not later than ten (10) days upon receipt
of invoice (unless placement of the advertisement on the website is due in
less than ten days in which case the payment must be immediate.)
- In default of payment under paragraphs 1 and 2, MTB Europe shall be entitled,
without prejudice to its other remedies for breach of contract, to refuse
to publish or place the Advertisement Copy or by seven (7) days’ notice in
writing to terminate the Contract.
- Advertisers shall pay interest at a rate equal to one and a half
percent (1.5%) per month or, in the event that the parties are precluded
by law for establishing such rate, the maximum interest rate, permitted by
applicable law, on any account or any balance of accounts remaining unpaid
after the twenty fifth (25th) day of the month following the month of
- All rates published are exclusive of any value-added or other relevant
sales tax and the Advertiser shall be solely responsible for any and all
- All cancellations must be registered in writing to MTB Europe within ten (10)
working days from date of contract and are subject to a thirty (30) %
- Series discounts apply only to orders placed in advance and completed
within one year of date of first insertion. The Publisher reserves the
right to surcharge in the event of insertions not being completed within
the contractual period.
JOBS ONLINE ADVERTS
- All jobs-online advertising rates are subject to the current
Advertising Standards Board of Finance surcharge payable by the
- Where orders are placed by Advertising Agents the Agency will be
responsible for collecting this surcharge and paying it to the Advertising
Standards Board of Finance. Where the Advertiser places advertising direct
the Publisher will surcharge its gross rate by the current rate and pass
this direct to the Advertising Standards Board of Finance.
These conditions and all other express terms of the contract shall be
governed and construed in accordance with the Laws of England.